DJI, the world’s leader in civilian drones and creative camera technology, this week launched the DJI OM 5, a powerful yet easy-to-operate solution to help users effortlessly elevate their smartphone content creation. The latest addition to the popular Osmo Mobile series, the DJI OM 5 smartphone stabiliser has been upgraded with a new phone clamp and compact design complete with a built-in extension rod, and is smaller and lighter than any of its predecessors. Surpassing the possibilities of a traditional smartphone stabiliser, DJI OM5 features DJI’s industry-leading 3-axis stabilisation technology, a brand new ShotGuides feature, and improved ActiveTrack 4.0. Available in two new beautiful eye-catching colors, Sunset White and Athens Grey, DJI OM 5 helps users capture ultra-steady, unique video content with just a few taps.
“With the iterations of the DJI OM smartphone stabilisers over the years, we have been aiming to lower the threshold of professional and high-quality shooting by offering users more accessible and helpful tools for their everyday activities,” said Paul Pan, Senior Product Line Manager at DJI. “For those who rely on their smartphones, the DJI OM 5 is your ultimate compact, technologically advanced gimbal – any time you want to create footage of your most memorable moments.”
DJI OM 5 features DJI’s iconic foldable design and packs DJI’s high-grade 3-axis gimbal technology into a portable and compact body, one-third smaller than its predecessor. Whether you’re taking a road trip, making video calls with friends or family, or vlogging your daily activities, DJI OM 5 serves as the perfect companion for all of life’s adventures.
Palm-sized when folded, DJI OM 5 features a newly designed clamp that goes over the smartphone’s case, provides better protection and is compatible with even more smartphone models than its predecessor. DJI OM 5 also offers an innovative built-in extension rod, which provides dynamic angles and shooting possibilities for content creation. By adding one more button to the handle, users can access and control the core features and functions of DJI OM 5 with more ease.
Capture compelling moments smoother with the help of DJI’s renowned 3-axis stabilisation technology, which fully supports walking and sports scenarios and helps to take your content to the next level. For those who are new to videography, you can rely on the new ShotGuides feature which provides up to 30 sets of pre-set shooting tutorials and supports automatic editing into one polished video. The newly updated ActiveTrack 4.0 now supports tracking at up to 3x zoom at 5 m/s, and precisely identifies and steadily follows the subject centered in frame, even while in action. Other professional-grade features and pre-programmed shooting modes that make your content stand out include:
• Gesture Control: Easily start and stop video recording or take photos by using hand gestures to control the DJI OM 5, perfect for capturing an epic selfie or group footage without a finicky self-timer.
• DynamicZoom: A visually appealing cinematic look, DJI OM 5 automatically adjusts the zoom function to create the dramatic background shift made popular by Alfred Hitchcock.
• Timelapse, Motionlapse, Hyperlapse: Show the passing of time in a sped-up form using Timelapse; Motionlapse, which adds set movement points for the gimbal; or Hyperlapse to physically move with the gimbal. All three modes use Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS) technology as well as the 3-axis gimbal for an added level of smoothness. Easily share these creative videos on social media for the world to enjoy.
• Panoramas: Choose from three creative panorama options to capture a wider perspective including 3×3 panorama, 240°panorama and “CloneMe” panorama which allows the user to add multiple versions of a person or subject into one shot for a unique and creative effect.
• Spin Shot Gimbal Movement: Activated in the DJI Mimo app and using the joystick, the gimbal will rotate the phone to give a spinning effect.
• Story Mode Templates: Choose from one of the pre-set templates to add a creative spin to your content. The DJI OM 5 uses pre-set movements, music and color palettes for quick videos perfect for sharing on social media.
• Glamour Effects: Supports automatic retouching and customised parameter settings. Glamour Effects will be automatically activated when switching to the front-facing camera.
The OM 5 would be the perfect companion for any boating photography enthusiast whether professional or amateur. Check out the video of the latest photography product from DJI right here.