This week, Tourism Whitsundays launched a new ‘Wonders Guaranteed’ marketing campaign to re-activate the recovery of The Whitsundays and assist the tourism industry as they continue to be impacted by the ever-changing landscape of restrictions and lockdowns.
Wonders Guaranteed is a reiteration of the highly successful Wonders of The Whitsundays campaign which saw Karen Jacobsen, the original Australian voice of SIRI tap into consumers’ need to get travelling again and assist in recalculating their travel plans direct to The Whitsundays.
The Wonders Guaranteed campaign will drive visitation and bookings into The Whitsundays region through a tactical approach with activity across social media, search and digital, out of home placements such as billboards, and SIRI will once again be heard across the airwaves through radio ads, enticing holidaymakers to The Whitsundays.
Tourism Whitsundays Chief Executive Officer, Tash Wheeler said the Wonders Guaranteed campaign has been launched to assist the tourism industry and operators as they continue to be impacted by restrictions and border closures as right now, occupancy is the worst in 12 months.
“The Whitsundays is the most tourism reliant region in Queensland and sadly the low occupancy rates across the region have been incredibly distressing for our industry in what should be our peak period. As restrictions ease across the state we want Queenslander’s choosing The Whitsundays as their next holiday destination. We are encouraging them to explore our backyard, right here in the Heart of the Great Barrier Reef and the Wonders Guaranteed campaign has been designed to do exactly that,” Ms Wheeler said.
This campaign is the first major marketing campaign on the new destination website, with the page focusing on holiday inspiration and diverse experiences for everyone. The hero offers not only deliver great value for money but also flexible cancellation policies, giving consumers peace of mind when they book their next holiday here.
Arpad Romandy, General Manager of InterContinental Hayman Island Resort said The Whitsundays is a diverse destination with a holiday for everyone. “Operators across the region have felt the effects of Coronavirus, with border closures and restrictions impacting domestic travel and businesses. Boosting intrastate visitor numbers to the region is more important than ever and the Wonders Guaranteed campaign will evoke a level of excitement for visitors to come and explore The Whitsundays as soon as they can,” Mr Romandy said.
For more information on the Wonders Guaranteed campaign and the offers available visit www.thewhitsundays.com.au.
An overview of the Wonders Guaranteed offers include:
- Save up to 20% off a Great Barrier Reef Adventure with Cruise Whitsundays
- Stay 3 nights & save up to 20% PLUS breakfast daily & more on Hamilton Island
- Stay 3 nights & only pay for 2 with breakfast daily at InterContinental Hayman Island Resort
- Stay 3 nights on a powered site at BIG4 Adventure Whitsunday Resort & only pay for 2
- Stay 3 nights at Daydream Island Resort & Living Reef & save up to 20% PLUS breakfast daily & more
- Adults save $30 on Whitsunday Bullet
- A Week in The Whitsundays at Heart Hotel & Gallery Whitsundays from $999 PLUS late check-out & more
- Stay 1 night at Freedom Shores with breakfast & $50 dining credit at Northerlies Beach Bar & Grill for $299